IW Meeting 2013-07-18

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

IW Meeting 2013-07-18

Contents

Meeting Information

Agenda

Attendees

Patrick (regrets) Tim Cynthia Deborah

Meeting Preparation

Around the room

* Add a section for yourself 2 hours before meeting.
* Mark any discussion point that you would like to raise during meeting (with DURING MEETING). 
* Otherwise, assume that others will read the rest before meeting. 
* Also, please be considerate and read others' discussion points before the meeting starts.

Tim

No new uses for PML 3 (since the Question/Answer modeling in the survey). I've been gathering metadata on the whole of LOD cloud, in preparation for evaluating csv2rdf4lod and Prizms. Survey results are continuing to trickle in, still 50% dataset coverage.


Jim

5am solutions - in rockville dc area. august 19 start date

James

Cynthia

Paulo

Patrice

Patrick

  • Lots to report, will add to next week's agenda
  • Haven't been able to work on the Provenance in OPeNDAP ideas
  • Lots of talk at ESIP last week around provenance, citation
  • ESIP project called [ToolMatch, looks interesting

Deborah

medical still dominates

Discussions

TODO: (Cynthia initiate call) Tim and Cynthia to coordiante to call, pull in Deborah, Jim, or Paulo for specific questions.

TODO: Tim email Patrick about their PROV-ES, and the software ontology, cc infer web group.

TODO - tim / deborah after the check in with patrick and marshall, and after progress on the spreadsheet, get back to nicolas and simon cox from csiro about pml3 and prov-es

TODO: Jim - FRIR as a module of PML 3.

Nicolas Car / Simon Cox thread. Should we pick it up again? Wait until we have a draft Note for PML 3?

Prov-ES

Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArTeDpS4-nUDdFdBYkRUQ0hvUWFpTy1ObjlZSTJEaXc#gid=0

  • propose to model hasAuthorList with Authorship + atIndex.
    • This is kinda what we do with TW Ontology. hasAuthor -> Author with an index that shows the ordering of the authorship (pcw)
  • propose to model hasLanguage with dcterms:language [ a dcterms:LinguisticSystem ]
  • propose to model hasPrettyString with rdfs:label, dcterms:description
    • Isn't there also a prefLabel somewhere? (pcw) skos:prefLabel
  • discuss hasURL
    • what is the description of this property? Seems there are a bunch of existing properties that could be used (source, seeAlso, etc...) (pcw)
  • discuss hasUsageQueryContent

propose to POSTPONE EmptyInformation (and it's InformationlessActivity design)

Facts about IW Meeting 2013-07-18RDF feed
Date18 July 2013  +
Personal tools
Navigation