IW Meeting 2012-12-20

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Information

Agenda

Attendees

  • Tim
  • Deborah
  • James (Regrets)
  • Paulo
  • Jim

Absent:

  • Cynthia

Meeting Preparation

Around the room

 * Add a section for yourself 2 hours before meeting.  * Mark any discussion point that you would like to raise during meeting (with DURING MEETING).   * Otherwise, assume that others will read the rest before meeting.   * Also, please be considerate and read others' discussion points before the meeting starts.

James

  • Helping with tech report for ARBITER explanation component.
  • Reviewing indicator listing for ARBITER, to develop corresponding PROV-based plan descriptions for each.
    • Goal: identify overlap in plan designs, tied to the current feature/metric classification.

Paulo

Paulo recognizes he needs to do HW. PML 3. e.g. Chemical research talking about provenance.

Peter is sending two students to PNNL.

They have all provenance pieces in a database. They are confused b/c it has too much info and is incoherent for the provenance views.

Will take the next two weeks to get up to speed.

Tim

  • DROID + PROV added to csv2rdf4lod-automation.
    • Done in-line when retrieving new files
    • back-filled when forming (cron-able) versioned aggregate dataset
  • prov:Activity recording added to healthdata's cron (cuz, why not?).
  • Haven't wrapped up the remodel of VisKo's service invocations -- Nick is defending (as we speak?) today
  • When to DNS provenanceweb.org to the VM at http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/projects/provenanceweb/home.html ?    *** from deborah - what is needed from cynthia or anyone?
    • Add intro splash page.
    • What materials do we want to get onto provenanceweb.org?   **from deborah - lets discuss this today
      • dcterms:Formats (already done for pronom and mime)
      • PML 3 ontologies (drafts already available)
      • Ontology "views" of the provenance (pml2, prov, pml3) in the endpoint. (reused from other lodspeakrs)
      • Connect to publications. e.g. "Selected references", but get it to the full list.
      • Active contributors and developers. Paulo, Nick, CYnthia, tim deborah and jim.
      • Contact link.
      • Presentations
        • Big Data was a start, but we need one.
        • Make a TWed on it.
      • PML 3 as a Pane
      • Instance analysis as a Pane
      • How does this relate to the TWC page? Defer to it.
      • Tools and Demos (e.g. pml3, instance analsyis)
  • Add working title and intro to https://github.com/jimmccusker/twc-healthdata/wiki/Our-use-of-Provenance with the "four contributions".

Jim

another Prizms instance for melonoma.

TODO: Jim to create the github repo, add the dcat.ttl, and a VM and point Tim to them. TODO: Tim to install Prizms on the VM with the github repo.

Append "and use" to the proposal title?

Cynthia

Deborah

  • FUSE Arbiter writeup - in IAAI format.  Probably will end up being a tech report for now and look for a workshop to go in.
  • National Park Service proposal going in (today).  Will be a small amount of money but potential great visibility with users in the national parks.
  • Writing up SemantEco for IAAI and a journal verison of eScience paper.  Should drive some new provenance work.
  • Working with Jim McC and Yale's Krauthammer - that will help drive the writeup of the health challenge data.
  • Belmont water safety proposal also going in today.  will integrate water data from 5 countries if we get it.

Discussions

Deborah not on Jan 10 Next meeting on Jan 3

Facts about IW Meeting 2012-12-20RDF feed
Date13 December 2012  +
Personal tools
Navigation