IW Meeting 2012-06-14

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Information

Agenda

Attendees

  • Tim
  • Jim
  • Deborah via phone on road
  • James via phone on road
  • Paulo (regrets)

Meeting Preparation

Around the room

 * Add a section for yourself 2 hours before meeting.  * Mark any discussion point that you would like to raise during meeting (with DURING MEETING).   * Otherwise, assume that others will read the rest before meeting.   * Also, please be considerate and read others' discussion points before the meeting starts.

Cynthia

  • Preparation for fuse site visit.
    • Fuse explanation demo.

Tim

PROV

IPAW

  • first round outline on Jim's (last Thursday)
  • RAISE: mine is a slow start. Just too desensitized by PROV.

Jim Mc.

Done:

  • IPAW presentation outline
  • IPAW final draft submission
  • HICSS paper (now with Real Science®!)

Will Do:

  • Finish HICSS paper
  • Finish IPAW presentation
  • Work on literature review (provenance and data cubes)

Impediments: {}

Deborah

FUSE site visit went well.

  • more work to do.
  • will need grading to be done later.

Ping: any help on representing rationales

  • update on semantaqua.
  • collaborators USGS asked for capturing rationale for things used.
  • done only in strings.
  • trying to submit a paper in next weeks.

Jim: FUSE is using d3.js, the data cube browser down the road.

James

  • preparing for FUSE

Outstanding Items

  • done: Tim/Deborah finalizing Collection membership in PROV
  • TODO: Tim to Patrice: water quality portal data. conversion - where does it happen? 
    • Will do this afternoon.
    • come up to speed on converter
    • everything that Tim did on the project.
    • what datasets should Patrice look at first?
    • Doing S2S on water quality data.
  • http://inference-web.org/wiki/Mapping_PROV_to_PML_2.0 TODO: everyone please review above link

Today's discussions

Patrice

Ph.D. Dec Buffalo Dissertation eval and standardizing ontologies, FOL and logic, became DL and OWL.

Looking forward to getting applied.

Knowledge patterns, pulling information. Using LOD as bootstrap. Interesting to bring them together.

Watched Eric's S2S Twed.

PROV to PML 2.0

map during next week?

Tim next week: no.

Jim: end of next week.

TODO: Tim to bring up the mapping to the F2F.

TODO: Tim to gather take aways for F2F.

S2S

Administrative

Cancel next week? Yes.

Tim can't make it 28th.

MEETING POINTS

Outstanding Items

TODO: Tim to give summary of the Dayton meeting.

Next meeting: brainstorming of nextgen IW.

Facts about IW Meeting 2012-06-14RDF feed
Date14 June 2012  +
Personal tools
Navigation