IW Meeting 2012-06-07

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Information

Agenda

Attendees

  • Patrice
  • Tim
  • James
  • Jim
  • Cynthia
  • Deborah 

regrets:

  • Paulo (this week and next)

Next week James and I will be in transit but we can probably call in from the car

Meeting Preparation

Around the room

  • Add a section for yourself 2 hours before meeting.
  • Mark any discussion point that you would like to raise during meeting (with DURING MEETING). 
  • Otherwise, assume that others will read the rest before meeting. 
  • Also, please be considerate and read others' discussion points before the meeting starts.

Tim

PROV


Mapping PROV to PML 2.0

  • added narrative and diagram.

TODO: Tim: number parts of the diagram. In narrative, reference the boxes.

Deborah

  • PML, PROV-O mapping, there is interest.
  • at semtech, what is different is that there is more enterprise interest and more testimonials.

     -(gave tutorial, context-aware mobile app, Semantics Technologies going gangbuster panel)      - exploring health and big data options       -mentioned to people about pml / provo   *FUSE     - UPCOMING: Grading the explanation interface this weekend.     -  important for good demo.     - FUSE press release just came out today (finally!) - http://news.rpi.edu/update.do?artcenterkey=3052

  • Big news - Patrice has joined us!!!

James

  • Continued prep work for FUSE Site Visit (6/13)
    • Working on updating sample explanation traces for demo.
  • Discussions w/ John Erickson on LOGD data sources to integrate into explanation interface.
    • NIH looks very promising: http://report.nih.gov, http://projectreporter.nih.gov
    • RAISE: Tim wants a few more points on this.
      • Will be using outside LOGD to help analysts identify relationships, which can't be directly identified by data in FUSE corpus alone
      • Example: Bringing in NIH funding data for 1995-2000 for a specific research topic, and comparing to project count on topic.

Cynthia

Jim Mc.

  • Did: Working on HICSS paper. - what is status of this?
  • Will do: finish IPAW final draft. - what is the status of this?
  • Impediments: Time

You

Outstanding Items

Today's discussions

Administrative

next week?

Deborah and James will be calling in from the road We'll give an update on PROV to PML 2.0

Santa Barbara finalizations next Thursday.

done: Tim and Jim to work on Jims. (TODO: Jim to send second draft to Tim)

TODO: Tim's to come out Monday / Tuesday.

F2F3 prep? TODO: Tim to email chairs for agenda.

TODO: Patrice to present a bit about himself next week.

TODO: Tim to Patrice: water quality portal data. conversion - where does it happen?

TODO: Jim, S2S with X data.

announced: PML validator moved to maven. Now functional. builds. documentation exists. more coming on how to extend it.

MEETING POINTS

Outstanding Items

Facts about IW Meeting 2012-06-07RDF feed
Date7 June 2012  +
Personal tools
Navigation