IW Meeting 2012-05-03

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Information

Agenda

  • Administrative
  • Around the room - please post online in advance
  • Outstanding Items
  • RETURN TOs
  • Focus: please propose here before meeting

Attendees

  • Tim
  • Cynthia
  • Jim (coming)
  • James
  • Paulo
  • Joanne
  • Deborah (regrets)

Meeting Preparation

Around the room

(fill this out before meeting)

FUSE

writing proposals this week. nothing exciting.

Deborah

Will not be on the call today.

1. At FUSE meeting.  (a) thx to tim and jim for reviews;  thx to fuse team for input for meeting - those helped a lot!    (b) Storyboard will be due May 11.  James has the lead on it.  (c) Cynthia has the lead on the demo that will be shown in early june at the reverse site visit.  (d) should get some open source marked up pubmed data to play with either friday or early next week.

2. Interesting new request came in from USGS for provenance in our class projects.  They want NOT only the data source used but also a comment on WHY this data source was chosen.  That is potentially a new primitive in pml.  They also want to know what tools were used and the rationale of why it was chosen.  This is something that ping et al will need to add for semantAqua and is something we probably want to do in the future.  An aside, the class projects this year are really interesting.

3.  Will be at data-enabled life sciences alliance meeting this afternoon and tomorrow.

4. Went to NSF earthcube aftermeeting on monday evening.  More on that later.

5. Very interesting conversation with Kathy McKeon from columbia - they do a lot of work on language.  for example, they look at text documents and automatically generate summaries.  we will have a follow up conversation about possibly using her team's language work for our english presentation and using our team's structured representations and tools that integrate our browser and graphical presentations.  more on this after i talk to her more....  we also probably want to start including amar in our meetings.  i will send separate email on that.

6. next week the regular time conflicts with the talk by mark musen - that starts at 3:30 for refreshments up campus.  so we need to move the time.  I suggest 2-3 instead of 3-4 eastern time.

Tim

Cynthia

  • new fuse presentation stack
  • new fuse pml trace

James

  • Reviewing requirements for FUSE storyboarding - will be compiling a list of things needed from BAE, and sending this out later today.
  • Draft of storyboarding will be sent to BAE on May 8th.
  • In process of defining set of profiles for consuming users in FUSE.
    • Discussing these with Deborah.

Jim M.

  • alt/spec has passed, will stay in prov.
  • performed FUSE evaluation
  • IPAW paper accepted

Outstanding Items

  • TODO REMAINS: Tim: Jim += Curran  datacube. (Tim sent Curran an email)
    • Tim heard back from Curran. Will craft the intro soon.
    • TODO: James and Jim to email Tim update summary on datacube. (next step: Tim to review and intro)
  • TODO REMAINS: Paulo review/respond to Cynthia's comments. about jiao   - deborah will try to find the email and follow up.
    • Paulo and Cynthia are discssing in meeting
    • Paulo questions whether those PML constructs are used
    • Cythia mentions a few constructs - TPTP . Query/Question rarely used (accrodign to paulo)
    • Cynthia: isFromEngine is missing - "she" wants to know what to do with it. Jiao is "she".
    • Paulo: thinks we should remove the restriction.
    • TODO: Cynthia to resend to Paulo
  • done: Jim add an example following http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PROV_examples - into http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Eg-7-magetab2rdf
  • TODO: rescue validator from extinction
    • Naveen responded, met with Patrick/Stephan on Tue, regular meeting on Tuesdays.
  • let rest: Cynthia make sure to add a "full range" glyph so it is apparent where the thing falls in the range.
    • Cynthia watiting for BAE to send documents.
    • it's on cynthia's todo list.
  • done: Cynthia make sure acronyms are expanded, or get rid of them
  • let rest James make sure Tim understands the second graph.
  • TODO (IW publication plan)- james m send out pointers after this meeting.
    • http://inference-web.org/wiki/iw:Publication_plan
    • Paulo: cryto hashes on spatial data?
    • Paulo: overview of where IW has been used.
    • Tim: TODO: send out reminder that we will be discussing publication plan.
    • Jim: what is IW? PML only? What is IW these days?
    • Paulo: inferences of captured provenance, published on web.
    • Jim: IW has been blurred, Tim and Jim don't know where the line is.
  • TODO: Tim ask IW for list of people to ask to review PROV drafts.
    • health care and sciences
    • ontology evaluation.
    • TODO: Tim to list and joanne, pointer to blogs/ prov WDs, 
  • RETURN TO: VisKo at RPI.
  • done: jim m and tim to grade a mock up with respect to fuse quality assessment rubrics.
  • done: James M to send pointers for rubric and RPI's FUSE "homework submission"
  • Tim wants to know if he should attend: day before ipaw meeting in santa barbara for a portion of the data one semantics and interoperability working group

Today's discussions

Administrative

  • Meeting time next week: 2-3 instead of 3:30 to 4:30?
    • Deborah, Jim, James, Tim, Cynthia

TODO: Paulo forgot his inference web password.

Around the room

Outstanding Items 

(handled above)

RETURN TOs

Today's focus

Facts about IW Meeting 2012-05-03RDF feed
Date3 May 2012  +
Personal tools
Navigation