IW Meeting 2011-11-17

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Information

Agenda

  • Explanation Capabilities Slide deck - FUSE prep
  • Scheduling next week (not on thanksgiving)
  • PROV-O - Accounts

Expected Attendees

  • Tim (Winslow)
  • Jim (Winslow)
  • Deborah (traveling)
  • James Michaelis (Winslow)
  • Cynthia (remote)

http://inference-web.org/wiki/FUSE_Prep was good background. Please see the ppt i sent about 10 minutes ago.  That is the slides i sent 10 min ago or so

Discussions

FUSE

PPT from Deborah (email today 3:12pm) (Use the format in these slides)

40 min talk (TODO: with or without questions?)

http://inference-web.org/wiki/FUSE_Prep  <-- Jim to add to this? and now also prepare viewgraphs that go into the slide deck deborah sent this morning

Explanation of Scientific Emergence

Jim

Jim TODO add making sure to have slides to deborah for the Deborah to present at tuesday 1pm call  (mon night would be nice ):

  • abstractive \cross derivational provenance
  • image from last week.
  • figure from WWW paper: mccusker2012http-fig-4.png
  • color convention - orange is derivational, green is FRBR abstractive provenance, blue is the HTTP invocation, brown is file ontology, red is FRIR.


Tim

sections on wiki:

  • Integration of tabular data (2 slides) (the provenance?...)
  • source-based explanation (1 slide)
  • DataFAQs (1 slide)

Overall

Deborah: draw distinction between Available Today and Planned Tools.

TODO: add a point in the wiki - what is available and what is planned? http://inference-web.org/wiki/FUSE_Prep TODO - everyone (particularly cynthia and tim DONE) populate

Selling point for FUSE is that we have the tools.

Benefits of csv2rdf4lod:

  • You too can expose provenance.
  • You too can summarize sources.

http://browser.inference-web.org/iwbrowser/BrowseNodeSet?uri=http%3A%2F%2Finference-web.org%2Fproofs%2FRamaziHasOffice%2FRamazis_offices_allen_noframe%2Fns10.owl%23ns10

James

Call next week after FUSE call

Tue 2pm- Wed 23rd.

Tue? 2:30pm 

done Tim send out to IW list (Jim McCusker) 

PROV-O

SourceUsage - qualifiedInvolvement tim and stephan are meeting on qualified involvement (and hopefully the example of how this can be used to model PML's notion of source usage

usage, control, participation, (going in) and generation (going out)

workshop paper: show how QualifiedInvolvement captures SourceUsage.

:wasInformedBy_not_transitive_narrative
   a prov:Quote;
   rdf:value "The relationship wasInformedBy is not transitive.";   #pmlp:hasRawString
   prov:wasQuotedFrom :web_page_view;                                   # pmlp:
   prov:qualifiedQuotation [
      a prov:Quotation;
      prov:hadQualifiedEntity :web_page_view;
      prov:hadQuoter <http://purl.org/twc/id/person/TimLebo>;
      prov:time "2011-11-16T17:35:59-05:00"^^xsd:dateTime;
   ];
.
:web_page_view
   a prov:Entity;
   prov:viewOf <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/ProvenanceModel.html#record-OrderingOfActivities>;
   prov:time "2011-11-16T17:19:00-05:00"^^xsd:dateTime;
.

:wasInformedBy_not_transitive_axiom
   a owl:NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion;
   owl:sourceIndividual  prov:wasInformedBy;
   owl:assertionProperty  rdf:type;
   owl:targetIndividual    owl:TransitiveProperty;

   prov:wasDerivedFrom :wasInformedBy_not_transitive_narrative;
   .
   
:pe
    a prov:ProcessExecution;
    prov:generated :wasInformedBy_not_transitive_axiom;
    prov:wasControlledBy
    prov:qualifiedGeneration [
          a prov:Generation;
          prov:time 
    ];
.
Facts about IW Meeting 2011-11-17RDF feed
Date17 November 2011  +
Personal tools
Navigation