IW Meeting 2010-12-02

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Info

IW Overall Objectives

     1) PML ontology: (OWL level only) potential non-monotonic  changes (Li) 
     2) PML practice  
         2.1) Use cases and examples (Tim) 
         2.2) RDF level issues (Cynthia) 
         2.3) PML Tools / API issues (Cynthia) 
         2.4) PML primer (Tim) 
     3) PML and OPM mapping (Paulo) 
     4) IW management (TBD)
        4.1) inference web infrastructure and research plan
        4.2) technologies for engagement 
     5) PML Graphical Notation

Attendees

  • Paulo
  • Deborah
  • Tim
  • Cynthia

test


Agenda

  • Geoff sent Proof combine paper via email
  • AGU
  • W3c's working group
  • PML API with version numbers

Discussion

API

API accepting PML version number to work off of PML API behaves differently based on given version number.

Cynthia wants behavior of PML API to be derived from the individual's type URI.

Previous action items

  • DONE - Geoff will send email by Wednesday on Proof combine work
  • todo - target write paper for cade - due date feb 7 - http://cade23.ii.uni.wroc.pl/ - - plan to start from some material from aaai draft
  • todo - a non-logic (science domain) example for combining proofs.
  • todo - geoff look for examples in process control or management theory from the tptp library. idea is to get at least one more example for the paper
  • todo - Stephan to find the presentation that conveys the demo that put together in Australia (Ching's presentation)
  • todo - Stephan tries the approach that paulo suggested on using pml:Information, sends out email with questions/requests. All, but particularly Paulo help with getting the approach to work
  • todo - Stephan to forward relevant O&M documentation to IW group, develop example of O&M Observation of a timeseries, show example in XML and in RDF/XML and discuss integration options with PML.
  • todo - tim to write up role suggestion (with Jim)
  • todo - tim to write up examle of virtual crossing physical (cf. SPAR and FRBR)
  • todo - all to review http://inference-web.org/wiki/PML_Ontology_Update_Request_5:_Relax_Range_of_isConsequentOf
  • todo - paulo will send out an agenda for the iw planning meeting at agu currently scheduled wednesday pacific time 1:30 - 3

default meeting place is outside Town Hall in Room 2003, Moscone West

Personal tools
Navigation