IW Meeting 2010-07-22

From Inference Web

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Info

Attendees

  • Deborah McGuinness
  • Li Ding
  • Tim Lebo
  • Paulo Pinheiro da Silva
  • Cynthia Chang

IW Overall Objectives

     1) PML ontology: (OWL level only) potential non-monotonic  changes (Li) 
     2) PML practice  
         2.1) Use cases and examples (Tim) 
         2.2) RDF level issues (Cynthia) 
         2.3) PML Tools / API issues (Cynthia) 
         2.4) PML primer (Tim) 
     3) PML and OPM mapping (Paulo) 
     4) IW management (TBD)
        4.1) inference web infrastructure and research plan
        4.2) technologies for engagement 

Today's Agenda

IW management
  • assign associate name IW Overall Objectives <---- (we are here)
  • use of technology
  • documentation (on wiki?) on how a new person join the group
    • enrolling in google groups, skype chat, titanpad, etc.
    • having access to easy to understand publications about pml, inference web, use cases
  • stopping meeting early so we have time to review meeting, review incompletes, and review each participant's actions.


PML practice
PML ontology
  • Review PML ontology issues PML Ontology (Project)

Today's Discussions

Review previous meeting notes

done

Group Management Issues

We were using a public titanpad last week and it was less stressful (I believe) -Paulo Are we concerned about privacy if we are going to post the results onto the wiki anyway? -Tim

ISSUE: Putting papers on Mendeley

1) All papers on inference-web.org have been added to a bibtex file 2) Papers already in Mendeley have been excluded from the bibtex file (to avaid duplicates) 3) The clean bibtex file (without duplicates) has been uploaded into Mendeley last Friday 4) Paper available at http://www.mendeley.com/research-papers/collections/418902/prov-xg-public-bibliography/ 5) Now we need to have our papers tagged. These are the instructions from Paolo: >> Hi both, >> things are fine here in the north but a tad wet and cold for a summer! >> instructions on setting up for tagging are here: >> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Bibliography_Tags#How_to_Tag

Must use their tags, not create our own.

Mendeley has a tool that you can download to add papers to the Mendeley repository. The website is a web interface to the Mendeley repository. How do we get and use the downloadable-version of the tool.

Discuss tags? We should.

ACTION: all try to tag papers following the guideline by friday July 23 (download client and use w3c account to tag), http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Bibliography_Tags#How_to_Tag.

ISSUE: unzip rule

Tim has handful of resources he needs to handle unzip rule.

ACTION: Tim close the issue on google code.

ISSUE: PML dataset page

We need to make a list of where PML data exists.

ACTION: tim to find out actual URL for MLSO and update wiki page.

Why isn't TPTP link there? It is in http://inference-web.org/proofs/ We might want to go directly to /just/ TPTP proofs /just/ PML-J proofs

Once people fully understand provenance, they will be reluctant to share provenance. Trade-off between not having PML, or having PML that you are not willing to share.

"entry points", e.g. http://iw.cs.utep.edu/earthscience/ "entry points" are root web-accessible directories (as opposed to sparql endpoint)

Jim McCusker has PML (in sparql endpoint - you must query for it). Tim has PML on his local machine. Evan has PML for wine agent? James?

What is available now? What is going to become available?

Deborah sees that some Wine PML appears to be missing. http://inference-web.org/proofs/wines/ is quite incomplete. Action - cynthia look for pml from stanford for the wine examples (deborah thought there was pml for every single example on http://onto.stanford.edu:8080/wino/index.jsp (i.e. if you chose regular red meat, spicy red meat; or simply red meat, etc)


ACTION: Tim to try to materialize PML from Jim's sparql endpoint.

Some PML is not dereferenable. e.g., http://inference-web.org/proofs/tptp_back/AGT/AGT001/1/EP-0.999/answer.owl


ACTION: validate PML data files. every URI ever mentioned below a "entry point" is dereferencable. How to verify? Manual work not ideal. A crawler to report non-derenferencable URIs appearing under PML "entry point" new ISSUE

ISSUE: how do we promote discussions from the mailing list to a trackable issue?

  • if in IW group, the initiator will add an item to the agenda if the issue was not answered
  • we should have one person (mailing list master) from IW group that advocates for issues that others raise.

ACTION: assign one point of contact from both RPI and UTEP

Group management

objectives agenda items actions

Schedule a 3-4 hour meeting for technical issues?

  • review PML ontology
  • homework done in advance
  • topics on agenda beforehand (including leftovers from the IPAW Thursday meeting)

Tabled Discussions

Once people fully understand provenance, they will be reluctant to share provenance. (access control of provenance data)

Existance of non-dereferencable PML instances.

Reorganizing OPM-PML Mapping under the ontology objective. Li suggests to flatten objectives.

Action Items from Today

  • issue 1 - Mendeley
 Jim to upload his bibtex to Mendeley
 Everyone tag TODAY in mendeley
 Download Mendeley stand-alone app and tag papers.
  • issue 2 - unzip
 Tim close it
  • issue 3 - datasets
 Tim to get MLSO URL and update wiki page
 assign point of contact from both RPI and UTEP
 cynthia to evaluate if wine agent pml is available (without massive work)
  • planning
  bring back tabled issues back to the agenda, categorzied by IW objectives
  longer technical meeting with agenda (date? paulo is driver for this.  send out email and organize)
Personal tools
Navigation